Q. When can a new lawn be laid?
A. New lawns can be laid all year round, however we do not recommend to lay new turf when the ground is frozen in winter as it causes damage to the roots.
Q. When shall I water my newly laid lawn?
A. Watering should commence immediately after new turf has been laid:
• Watering your lawn is the single most important step you need to take to establish a beautiful and lasting lawn.
• Ensure that the new lawn is never short of water. Make sure, when watering, the water has thoroughly percolated through to the underlying soil. Water repeatedly until the turf is well established.
• It is best to water turf either in the early morning or during the evening so less water will be lost to evaporation.
• Once established, occasional watering during dry periods should be adequate.
• If your new turf should dislodge, carefully put it back in place and continue caring for it. Failure to comply with this procedure will result in permanent irreparable damage to new turf.